Tuesday, May 12, 2009
One Week Out
Last week was fairly productive from a training perspective. I made it to the gym four times for spinning and twice for weights. Overall I expended approximately 3,300 calories and rode the equivalent of 37 dirt miles. I got one ride in at Salem Hills on Sunday evening. I completed the two laps in under 37 minutes. The race is Sunday so I hope to get a dirt ride in on Wednesday and Friday. I should get in for spinning and weights on Thursday and Friday as well. We will see. The course is very flat and fast with little passing opportunities on hard surface. It appears to me that most passing will have to be done by leaving the hardpack and moving through grass which seems to be about four inches high. The wooded areas are ideal for traffic jams and wrecks. I am very curious as to how they plan to spread us out at the start. I also noticed there are sandy areas being created by the traffic of those preparing for the race. So far they are small enough to manage but may be a problem as race day approaches. Weather is supposed to be 67 with light winds and no rain. Perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment