Saturday, July 17, 2010

Buck Hill and Elk River

Got out to Buck Hill on Thursday and did the recreation race plus a warm up lap.  They cahanged the course and added an extra climb on the front side near the snow tube hill.  It was kind of cool to mix it up and I wonder if this will be the route for the MNMBS race in August.  This is another one of those trails where you have to get out in front at the beginning.  Two crashes on the way up the hill really slowed things down.  Combine that with the traditional bottleneck entering the woods and it takes a while to get going.

I rode Hillside Park yesterday for the first time this year.  I rode the comp/expert loop twice and I am feeling it today.  I am going to try and get out this afternoon for a lap with the race being tomorrow.  This trail has a very long prologue which should get us stretched out before getting into section three for two laps around the park.  I am glad they have sections 1 & 2 at the end of the lap as three and four are the tougher and longer sections.  It is going to be humid with a lot of traffic.  Possible thunderstorms tonight which will cause a bit of greas I am sure.  See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment